You wouldn’t think a few degree temperature drop would really make such a difference in my life but let me assure you, it really does. Here are a few examples of what has changed in the last few weeks.
- I have more laundry. I often will wear three shirts just to keep warm during the days and when we go outside to play. Our son wears a hoodie and tshirt when it’s cooler. Then my husband adds a tshirt to his work uniform. You also need to add jeans instead of shorts which adds up fast. All this results in a lot more laundry per day.
- We add soup back into our diets. This is not a bad thing by any means. We all love soup and it’s a great way to get veggies into kids that don’t like veggies:-) Shhhh, don’t tell them!
- Blankets are never packed away far. Normally we only dig out the blankets for fort building time but when the temps drop they are out all day long. There is nothing better than snuggling under the blankets reading stories all together before nap time.
- Outside play takes more preparation. Instead of slipping on sandals and applying sunscreen before heading outdoors we now need to be better prepared. Jackets, hats, socks, shoes, and the kleenex box.
- Kleenex is in high demand! For some reason as soon as the temps drop the noses start to run and run and run and run…..
- Grilling season comes to an end. Oh, how this saddens me:-( What can I say, I love my nights off when my hubby grills. We are not to the point yet where he will not grill (in other words, the patio is not covered with snow yet) but now grilling is at a minimum.
- Goodbye to daylight. I already miss sitting on the porch together at night talking about our days. By the time we eat, clean up dinner, workout and get home it is already dark.
- I am constantly vacuuming up leaves. Our trees drop little yellow leaves that love sticking to shoes and get carried inside. These drive me crazy!!!!!!
These are just a few things that change with the cooler temperatures in my life.
What do you notice most in your life when the weather turns cooler?