When I was a teenager, I thought I knew it all. What teenager doesn’t, right? Little did I know how much I would learn after marriage, becoming a parent, and experiencing things throughout my life. Here are a few lessons I have learned that no one could have told me until I figured them out for myself.
1. Children are a gift from God
2. Marriage is work
3. Technology may make things faster but it does not mean it makes things better
4. Years pass faster the older you get
5. Don’t settle for good when there is better
6. You are what you eat
7. Live within your means
8. Do what makes YOU happy not what makes others happy with you.
9. Parenthood is a 24 hour/7 day a week job and the hardest job you will ever have
10. Have fun before you can’t
11. Say it today because tomorrow may be too late
12. You can’t buy happiness
13. Life begins at the end of your comfort zone
These are some lessons I have learned over the past 40 some years of my life so far. Some good, some bad, and some I am just glad I have learned before it’s too late.
Can you add to my list?