I have had this recipe in my folder of “Recipe’s To Eventually Try” for some time now. And that time has finally come. Huge and I mean huge hit with the family. It really tastes like a BLT and is so easy to throw together. It’s even filling enough to eat as the main course for a meal.
BLT Pasta Salad
- 1/2 pound fusilli pasta
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup lowfat buttermilk or milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked until crisp and chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, preferably heirloom, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 4 lightly packed cups sliced romaine or other crispy lettuce
Cook fusilli according to package directions until just tender; drain, cool under cold running water and drain again.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, buttermilk, mustard, garlic and salt. Add pasta and toss until coated. Add bacon, tomatoes, onion and lettuce and toss again.