Smoked Fish, Tennis and Another Boating Activity

On the 4th. of July we decided to hang around home and get to some things we have been meaning to accomplish for some time. My husband has been meaning to smoke some fish but it’s a timely process, and let’s face the facts, who has enough time on the weekend? Not us! So he did what he needed to do, and a few hours later we were the lucky taste testers.Yum, Yum!



While he did that, I went shopping for graduation party supplies, washed both our vehicles, and started packing for the two upcoming days worth of water activities.

Later in the afternoon, it was hot,humid and sunny. Which gave me the strong urge to play tennis. I love to play when it’s hot, the hotter the better. I was amazed when I did not even have to beg for him to play, he was ready and willing. So, to the court we headed.


We arrived at our favorite court and found that one side of the court was nicely shaded(his side)


and one side was nice and sunny(my side)


So, we battled it out for about an hour. It was a great game, and I couldn’t have been happier playing with anyone else. Thank you honey!


That pretty much ended our day. Only to wake up this morning bright and earlier to hit the road.

He had asked days ago if we could all go fishing as a family on Friday, since we all had the day off. This may shock you, but yes, we do own another piece of water craft that you all have not heard me mention before. We hitched up our fishing boat, and headed to a lake my husband grew up fishing on with his grandfather. We started our day with a beautiful sunrise.


This lake is actually three lakes all connected together by a swamp like area that you can maneuver your way through if your careful.



It’s like a turtles little piece of heaven, with logs and lily pads everywhere.


It’s a beautiful area. When we arrived it was so peaceful.


As usual, it did not take long for my husband to catch the first fish.



And the second fish…



Then my son decided it was his turn to catch one.


Let’s just say, he had nothing to brag about to his buddies, but a fish is a fish.

I, on the other hand, did not catch a single fish the entire day. Maybe I was a bit too relaxed enjoying the piece and quiet.


The fact that I had fun, is enough for me.

After some hours of fishing, we arrived home to unload and repack for our kayaking adventure tomorrow. We are headed to a river we have not been down for two years because of low water levels. There is a good sized group of us going, and should be fun. Time will tell….

Until then…

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s